Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Oh, Bonjour!, Oh, Dufuf?"

My life is like a "Friends" episode. I kid you not. Any faithful "Friends" fans out there remember that episode where Phoebe is trying to teach Joey to speak French? Well, in case you missed it, I have a refresher for you (see below - please view before reading the rest of this blog...or you will not get it):



For at least two months I have been trying to teach Connor to say "mama" and simultaneously his dad has been trying to keep up with me in teaching him to say "dada." Please note that if you count total time involved in this task, I win hands down. Apparently time involved doesn't count. Connor has already expressed his favoritism for his "dada" LOUD and CLEAR. Yes, that's right Connor spends all day rubbing it in my face, "dada" "ohhhh...Dada" and even what sounds suspiciously like "Hi dada." Whatever. As you can imagine, I have upped our "practice" hours teaching him "mama"...and his response, "dada" "dada" and even "day-de" "AHHHHH - Day-de" (Daisy). Its as if I am teaching this kid French.

No comments:

Post a Comment