Thursday, October 6, 2011

Our Mistake

A few weeks ago Connor had an unfortunate vomiting episode. We really didn't know if he was sick or what, so we pulled out all the stops. We made him a little "couch bed" with his favorite blankie & pillow, gave him a "bucket" in case it happened again, and then put in a movie so he could rest up. As it turns out he wasn't really sick at all. No fever. No other symptoms. Completely fine about 30 minutes later. However, he apparently loved this treatment. Now, about once each day since then he casually tells me that he "might spit up again" (which is what he calls it). The other day the conversation went like this:

Connor: Mama, I fink I might need to spit up.
Me: Ok, then walk to the bathroom & use the toilet (because I know it is fake, so my reaction is super casual).
Connor: No, I don't fink so. I fink I need that bucket.
Me: Nah. You can just sit by the toilet if you think you need to throw up.
Connor: Well, actually I fink I need you to make be a bed right here (points to the couch), with that bucket. Then I will watch a movie. I fink it will be Monsters (as in Monsters Inc.).
Me: Umm, I don't think so, Connor. If you are really sick then you can sit by the toilet or lay in your bed by yourself to rest.
Connor: Umm, I don't fink I am very sick then.

Glad we got that all straightened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment