Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I spy with my little eye...

We play the "I spy" game a bit here and there, especially when we are waiting in line, or at a restaurant, or today, for instance, while at home. For a long time I have suspected that the girls don't quite get the game and here's why...

Ashlyn: "I spy with my little eye....ummm...something purple!" (staring right at my purple shirt)
Me: Okay. It is my shirt?
Ashlyn: No!
Kaia: Is it Connor's batcave?
Ashlyn: No!
Me: Is it that purple dinosaur magnet?
Ashlyn: "Huh? WHAT dinosaur magnet?"
Me: "That one over there. On the refridge."
Ashlyn: "Ooooohhhhh" (walks over to examine it closely as if it is the first time she has ever seen it). After a long pause, "Yes! That's it! You got it mama."
Me: Really? It was that magnet?
Ashlyn: Yep.

Of course, the game still works this way, and honestly is still just as fun. However, our 5-year old does not agree. When this type of "thing" happens he claims that the "girls are cheating" and then he doesn't want to play anymore. He loves rules. And almost always follows them. Exactly. Apparently there are both pros and cons to having such strong feelings about rule-following.

No comments:

Post a Comment