Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Coco

Exact enunciation is not Connor's forte, which is usually no big deal because we can translate. For example, "Up" is really "Help" (and "Ba" actually means "Up"). Some are more obvious than others..."Da" for Duck, "Baa" is Ball, and "Bah" is bath. You get the picture. Yesterday right when I walked in the door from work, Connor's dad proudly announced, "Connor learned to say his name today!" Then he proceeded to coax this mysterious word out of Connor's mouth. However, all I heard was "Coco." Really? Am I raising Courtney Cox & David Arquette's child?
I was unconvinced that this new word, "Coco" really stood for Connor, even in Connor-ese. Famous last words. Later that night as I was giving Connor a bath, he reached up for the spray hose (off limits) to which I replied in my best stern voice, "Ah, Ah, Ah. That's not for Connor." Then to my amazement, Connor stopped grabbing it, shook his head and said, "Ah, Ah, Ah. Coco." Really? REALLY? My child has just nicknamed himself after his favorite food item of all time. Oh, maybe I can get Coco to give you his signature wave...? Umm not right now. Coco's too busy trying to figure out why his shoe doesn't fit on my foot.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, "Enna" can't wait to play with her buddy "Coco". Just LOVE the nickname he gave himself! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me scream laugh!!! Coco is hilarious! I think this nickname might stick a little longer than Connor will prefer, but I'll remind him that he actually came up with it in the first place! :)
    xo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hillarious... Better give yourself a nickname before someone else does!

    - Dedun
    Aka Justen

    ReplyDelete