Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Conversations During Rush Hour

The other day I had an early appointment and found myself in morning rush hour traffic, a quite unusual occurrence (as I am definitely NOT a morning person). Connor on the other hand, apparently is. He was THRILLED to be in rush hour. Seriously. It seems there is no greater place to be when you are a two year old boy with a strong liking for large trucks, cranes, & diggers. Ever since Connor got a Trucktown book, he's been slightly obsessed. So we had a twenty minute conversation that basically went like this:



C: "Look Mama! Its Big Rig Mo!"
Me: "Yep, I see him."
C: "Where Mo going?"
Me: "I don't know. Where do you think he's going?"
C: "Hum...hum...Daddy's work!"



C: "Look Mama! Dumper Dan!"
Me: "Yes, there is Dumper Dan."
C: "Where he going?"
Me:"I don't know. Where do you think he's going?"
C:"Umm, to play!"

Etcetera. Etcetera. Etcetera. All in all we saw 8 Big Rig Mos, 3 Dumper Dans (one which was pulling a tractor...very, very exciting!), 2 other tractors, 1 crane truck (aka "Rosie"), 1 Jack the Tow Truck, and 1 Gabby the Garbage Truck. The only disappointment was that no brave soul was driving a Monster Max (Connor's absolute fav) through big city rush hour.

Maybe we should make rush hour traffic a regular outing? I think I will need more coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment