Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quotes of the Week

Lately we have been acquiring loads of baby paraphernalia for the new babies. Each new item is greeted by Connor with questions such as "Oh, is that where my two baby sisters will sleep?" "Oh, is that where my two baby sisters will take a bath?" "Oh, is that my two baby sister's jammies?" etc. I think he might be getting the gist of what is to come. However, since he is so possessive of HIS two new babies, I am thinking of assigning him a middle of the night shift... "Connor YOUR two baby sisters are hungry!" On the other hand, I think that Child Protective Services may frown upon that particular style of parenting.

Some of my recent favorite quotes:

C: Will my two babies come out of your belly?
Me: Yep, as soon as they grow big enough.
C: Oh, they are too little? (Pats my stomach) The babies will grow big like me?
Me: Let's hope they do not grow THAT big. (It's impossible to have two 8lb. 13 oz twins, right, RIGHT??)

C: Will my two babies have eyes?
Me: Hopefully, yes.
C: Will they have TWO eyes?
Me: Yes.
C: Oh, will they be able to see ME?
Me: Yep. (but...what exactly do you have in mind, my dear child?)

Lastly, occasionally Connor casually suggests at bedtime that we sing an additional song for his two baby sisters. Then he will kiss "them" good night and sometimes say, "I love them." I can't tell if this is endearing brotherly love, or a stall tactic. Either way, I just roll with it.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...Connor is SO PRECIOUS!!!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooo sweet! I just LOVE that little man! He'll be such a GREAT big brother!

    ReplyDelete