Friday, September 2, 2011

Connor's New Bed

Connor finally graduated from his crib to a real big-boy bed. He staying in his crib for so long out of his mom's total fear that naps would cease, but she finally gave in and took the plunge. Connor has been nothing but excited. The best news of all is that Connor STAYS. IN. HIS. BED. and STILL. TAKES. NAPS.

So the first day after watching him on the video monitor for his nap, I said "Connor I was so proud of you that you stayed in your bed until I came to get you." His reply, "Oh no, mama. I didn't. I threw my blanket out and had to get it off the floor. I'm sorry. I did get out." Like for 1 second. So honest. Now when he wakes up he still calls me to come get him. He literally will call me for like 20 minutes as if he can not get up on his own. I have to wonder...when he figures out that he can actually climb out of his bed all by himself will all hell break loose? There is another family member who is also in love with this new bed and frequents it regularly. Although she has made it VERY clear that she wants her own room, apparently she is willing to share if the circumstances are just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment