Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Flashlight Game

Bad News: I have lost our camera. So, for now there will be no pictures on the blog.
Good News: I have still managed to keep track of all the kids.

Here's a little story for you that requires no pictures. Sometimes when I am busy feeding the girls I'll play this fun game with Connor, which requires him to shine his flashlight on different things in the room. For example I'll say, "Shine your light on something red!" and Connor will rush around the room with his flashlight trying to find the perfect red item to illuminate. Recently I  have been giving him some new challenges, such as "Shine your light on something that floats in the air" (Balloon) or "Shine your light on something that swings" (Baby mobile toys), etc. Then, I tried this tricky one, "Shine your light on someone you love." (He shines his light right in the babies eyes, one at a time.) Ok, cute, but not exactly what I was going for there. "Connor, shine your light on someone else you love." He thinks this one through for a few seconds as if it is a trick question, and replies, "But Daddy is not here right now." Ummm, okay. Again, sweet but also not EXACTLY what I was thinking. "You are right Daddy is not here. Why don't you shine your light on someone who you love who is HERE. IN. THIS. ROOM." Again, he stops to think. "Oh, I know. Connor!" (Shines his light on his own shirt.) Let's try one more time. "Connor I think there is someone else who you love who you can shine your light on. Right in this room!" He replies, super confused at this point, "But Mama...I love Grandma, but she is not here." "Yes, you do love Grandma. But there is someone else left who is RIGHT. HERE!" Connor replies exasperated by this tricky riddle, "I don't know. Mama, just tell me!" Finally I give in, "Connor its me, your mom." (Shines the light right in my eyes.) "Oh yea. Kanks for telling me." No problem.

2 comments:

  1. Connor is so funny! Sorry to hear about the camera

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that little guy! Don't feel bad, mama! He obviously loves you sooooo much!!!! :)
    C

    ReplyDelete