Sunday, February 5, 2012

Good News, Bad News

Good News: Connor has learned when his Birthday is...

Bad News: Every day he wakes up and asks me if it is June 16th yet. Case in point:

Connor: Is today June 16th?
Me: Nope.
Connor: Oh. Well, is tomorrow June 16th then? (Connor's only concept of future time consists of today & tomorrow).
Me: Negative.
Connor: What day is today?
Me: February 3rd.
Connor: Oh. And then comes June?
Me: No, it goes February, March, April, May and then June. It will be my birthday first, then your sisters will have their birthday, then after that it will be your Birthday.
Connor: How will I know?
Me: Trust me. YOU. WILL. KNOW. Your birthday will be during the summer when it gets hot and sunny out.
Connor: Oh, okay. So my birthday is NOT tomorrow.
Me: Right, thanks for clarifying.

A few hours later the sun miraculously comes out (in the dead of winter)...

Connor: Look Mom! THE. SUN. It is my birthday. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!
Me: Ummm...well no...it is still winter even though there is sun. *Sigh* (This goes on for many more days...)

1 comment:

  1. Oh friend I feel your pain! June 14th can't get here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete