Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hum...What to wear?

Connor: Girls! You can wear your fancy dresses to my Celebration. That's the day we celebrate Kindergarten at my school.
Me: Oh, are we supposed to dress up?
Connor: Well, my teacher said that the girls might want to wear a fancy dress and the boys can wear something handsome. But she said only if you want to. You don't have to. I'm not. I don't want to. I don't like handsome clothes. I'm going to wear my regular ones.
Me: What if your mom wants you to wear something handsome?
Connor: My teacher said you don't have to if YOU don't want to. I already decided what I want to wear.
Me: Great. I'm sure that is exactly what she meant.* (Insert sarcastic font here).

We are not really sure what this "celebration" includes. It is just for the last hour of the last day of school in his classroom. Connor is allowed to bring one guest, we are bringing four (his mom, his dad, his sisters), so we'll probably get kicked out anyway. To be continued.....


2 comments:

  1. One guest??? I bet Connor won't be the only kid bringing more than 1. Buuuuuut, maybe the only kid bringing 4. Be rebellious Cunninghams! (Like the time C was supposed to draw his family & told NOT to include any pets, so he drew Daisy in real small so the teacher wouldn't notice, because Daisy is, after all, part of the family.)
    -M

    ReplyDelete