Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Things They Say...

Me: Ashlyn, Keysa says you look just like me! Do you think you do?
Ashlyn: No. I look different. 
Me: Who do you think you look like then? Daddy?
Ashlyn: No. 
Me: Like Kaia?
Ashlyn: No. I look like Ashlyn. She is my favorite girl. 

Apparently, at least one of our identical twins has a strong sense of her own individual identity and is also working on developing a good self esteem. PHEW!

Later as we are headed out to door to swimming lessons:
Me: Girls, do you want your sweatshirts? Its kinda cold today?
Girls: No! We will not be cold!
Me: Okay, lets go outside & see. 
Ashlyn (outside): I am SOOOOO cold. I need my sweatshirt!
Me: Okay, I will go back in to get it. Kaia, would you like to wear yours too?
Kaia: No! I am not cold (as she is shivering).
Connor: Mom - I really think you should get two sweatshirts. Kaia will change her mind as soon as you put one on Ashlyn. She always does. 

I just love it when Connor provides me with wise parenting advice. Just like in this example, it is usually SPOT. ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment