Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Resting Time

Today marked the second day in a row that Connor didn't take a nap. Now this has happened before, but not for a very, very long time. In fact, after skipping one yesterday and spending the whole morning playing hard in the sunshine at the park, I figured that surely, SURELY Connor would take a nice long slumber (and SO. WOULD. I.)

I couldn't have been more wrong. He seemed tired, was rubbing his eyes and all, but as soon as I left him in his room he started playing with his monsters, singing, and making carnival-like happy screams. Apparently laying in the dark by himself is one of his most favorite activities. After approximately 1 hour I usually let him get up and figure that "rest-time" is over. So, in I went and turned on the light. Here's what transpired:

Connor: "But Mama! I am still tired."
Me: "Oh, do you want to lie down for a bit longer?" (because I would gladly oblige)
Connor: "Nope. I'm ready to get up."
Me: "Well, if you are so tired, how come you didn't go to sleep?"
Connor: "Because my eyes kept opening up!"
(Those silly eyes, I guess they have a mind of their own:)

4 comments: