Friday, July 27, 2012

Questions

Recently Connor was encouraged to ask us some questions. Any ole' questions will do, really. After just mentioning this little activity Connor started spewing all sort of questions... all afternoon long:

Why do snakes have no feets?
Why do whales swim? Why do they swim up on the beach and get stuck?
How do baby giraffes eat leaves on tall trees if they are not tall enough?
What do kangaroos eat?

They just kept coming. We had no idea that he was holding out on us all this time. So, then tonight as I am tucking him in, he says he has one more question for me. Great! What is it?

Mama, how you do keep your hair on?

Oh, the things that perplex a 4-year old. Still so much to learn, apparently. Priceless. 

P.S. I told him that my hair is connected inside my head and that it grows from the inside out. It is stuck on there unless you pull really hard. Then I asked him how he keeps HIS hair on. His reply. "I don't know!"


2 comments: