Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Soccer Camp

The chaos. Connor is wearing a black shirt, red shorts in the middle.
We signed Connor up for a "British" Soccer camp for one week this summer. The "camp" mostly entailed 3-4 year olds running all over the grass with or without their soccer balls and basically paying almost no attention to the coaches or their directions. They lined orange cones up around the perimeter of their "field" to mark their square which basically means nothing to 3 & 4 year olds. For Connor's one-year old sisters the cones looked like pretty good toys. In fact, the biggest challenge of the camp was keeping Kaia & Ashlyn off the soccer field. Every chance they could get they would dart out there, and well, I am only one person after all. After the first day of camp Connor says, "Mama, I think my sisters really want to join me, but they are too little. Sisters! You guys can play next year when you grow big enough." Later, at a point when I have one girl in my arms and the other darts onto the field Connor runs toward her yelling, "Don't worry Mom. I'll get her for you since you can't carry two girls." (Me: Umm, actually I CAN carry two, but  just can't be in two places at once. Please don't drag your sister off the field by her arm. Go listen to your coach. *Sigh*)


They did manage a few dribbling drills and a few running games.
Here three soccer stars are listening to the coaches. 
However, there were 13 kids at camp. Not sure where they all are here?
Connor in Blue

The Team!
We got lots of good sunshine, met up with some good friends, and Connor, Kaia, Ashlyn, and I all got lots of practice on our running, chasing, and diving skilz.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. I can't imagine the craziness of keeping up with The Littles...way to go mama! I'm curious as to waht "British" soccer is. Still clueless with the sport. ;)

    ReplyDelete