Saturday, October 12, 2013

School Days

I'm sure you are dying to hear what the girls and I do everyday while big brother is in school (for 2.5 hours). Well first we start out the day very excited to see the bus come. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. we have to head out to the bus stop with all our "packpacks" on.
 
 (Yes those are jammies on the girls...a Mom can only do so much before 7:45 am). Then every day the girls ask me if they can get on the bus (with their packpacks). Occasionally there is a tiny bit of whining and/or crying when the bus leaves without them. In an attempt to make staying home SO MUCH MORE FUN, we have been quite busy. First up: Finger Painting with chocolate pudding.
 Winner! (Note to Parents: requires a full bath afterwards unless you enjoy chocolate hair).

 There's lots of playing around the house including the occasional "see how many clowns can fit in the box" trick.

Lots of singing and learning new things! Plus lots of watching themselves on the video over and over again afterwards. 

And last, I leave you with a few of my favorite quotes from the girls in the past few weeks:

Kaia: "Did you see my Ashlyn? She is just so fun!" as Ashlyn is pretending to perform some ballet dancing for us all.

In reference to potty training, which has been very successful for Ashlyn, while Kaia has been kinda luke-warm about the whole thing...
Kaia: "I want to wear undies like Ashlyn!"
Me: "Sure! I'll let you wear big girl undies as soon as you go poo in the potty."
Kaia: "Oh. I don't want to wear undies anymore then."
Me: "Your choice." (*Sigh)

Ashlyn screaming at the very top of her lungs, causes Kaia to also scream at the very top of her lungs, then Ashlyn says, "I scared Kaia ALL the way!" and they both laugh really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment