Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spiders & Other Scary Things

Ashlyn & Kaia both have a tiny fear of anything that crawls or flies. Ashlyn encountered a spider recently while in the other room by herself & here is what transpired:

Ashlyn (screaming & shaking): "There is a PIDER. There is a PIDER!!!"
Kaia comes running, first on the scene and apparently feeling very brave: "Don't worry Ash, I am here now." Then holds her hand.
I arrive & my heart melts for how sweet this situation is.
Connor arrives and yells: "Don't worry girls, your brother will scare the spider. RRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!" (This is the loudest scream I have ever heard any human child make & my ears ring).
Kaia & Ashlyn immediately start crying real tears now & say: "Connor is being too scary!" and "That's too loud!" etc.
Connor (oblivious to the fact that he has just scared his sisters): "Mom, did you see that? I scared that spider so bad that he just ran away!!"

And that is the difference between boys and girls in a nut shell, folks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment