Thursday, July 8, 2010

Very Stylish PJs

Connor is taking swimming lessons this summer. No pictures are available because I am also swimming with him in the pool. It is apparently difficult to find swimming lesson times for a kid who naps in the afternoon. Thus, we signed up for the only morning lessons available at the...shall we say..."elite" club. You don't have to be a member to take swimming lessons (and we are not). However, this club is amazing. SERIOUSLY AMAZING. Like way, WAY nicer than any gym I have ever belonged to. They give you large plush white towels for swimming lessons like they have at fabulous high-end resorts. (Unlike the scrawny ones which do not wrap all the way around you). There are two pools, complete with lawn chairs and cabanas, 6 basketball courts, and 5 dressing rooms (according to gender AND age). It is basically the same as a 5 star resort, but just includes a few treadmills here and there. I think if I asked the help, they would gladly provide me a lush white robe to wear and give me a pedicure on the spot. Needless to say, there are quite a few thin, attractive (and probably wealthy) club members milling around in their Lululemon gear. Thus, Connor and I try to don our most stylish outfits on the way to this gym for swimming lessons, you know...just to blend in with the crowd.

Well, lately Connor has been REALLY into making his own decisions. In fact, he almost always says "No" to whatever I suggest. For example, whenever I ask him if he wants to eat (even if he is starving) he will say, "NO!" then proceed to go get his bib & sit at his table. Umm..okay. I guess actions speak louder than words. In addition, he really likes to pick out his daily outfit. Today he insisted upon wearing his favorite Batman PJs to the club for swimming lessons. There is really no talking Connor down once he has made up his mind, so I decided to just roll with it. I think that's what really stylish moms do...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure Connor can rock ANYTHING...he's adorable! Now I want to check out this place...sounds fancy indeed. Enjoy the lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like Connor should be in swim lessons for life just to keep up this sweet summer gig! Nice find!

    Can't wait to see pictures!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG friend, you are hilarious!!!!

    Connor's got a "GQ look" that allows him to pull off anything... probably next week there will be others sporting batman pjs. Trend setta!

    M

    ReplyDelete